From Monday 25 February 2019 - 10:00
To Tuesday 26 February 2019 - 17:00
This course provides the knowledge and skills for those wanting to deliver “on-the-job”
practical training. Participants will learn how to interest and motivate their trainees, how to
identify task processes and set acceptable standards for each step and how to use questions
to confirm understanding.
It is specifically designed for those responsible for training team members in practical skills
including managers, heads of department, supervisors, team leaders, trainers and staff who
need to either understand the basics of training practice, or want to refine / update their
training techniques. Those who have never delivered training before will find it an ideal
basis for their future training activities. Trainers or potential trainers from any discipline will
benefit from the course as the course concentrates on the training process rather than the
By the end of the programme participants will be able to:
1. Explain the role of the Trainer
2. Plan effective training that accommodates different learning styles
3. Identify task processes and set acceptable standards for each step
4. Design two practical training sessions.
5. Deliver two short pieces of practical training
6. Provide constructive feedback to learners following practical training sessions
7. Assess and evaluate training sessions using feedback and self-analysis to ensure a
process of continuous improvement to the standard of Conor Kenny Associates
1. The role of the Trainer & Learning Styles
2. Structuring a training session
3. Set the Scene phase
4. Breakdown phase
5. Using questions
6. Checking understanding
This course is informal and highly participative with active discussion, exchange of ideas, exercises, group work and two practical sessions in which participants can practice their new skills.
There is a formal assessment whereby participants will be required to deliver the training session to the rest of the group and assess their trainee’s understanding of the subject after which they will receive valuable feedback. This ensures the participant is equipped to write and deliver their own effective training sessions when back in their organisation.