Wednesday 20 November 2013, 10:00 - 16:00
Wine sales form a vital part of any hotels beverage revenue and while some beverages decline in consumer popularity, wine sales continue to grow. This programme was written with Lisa O'Doherty as we recognised that not every hotel has a full time Sommelier working on their team. However, by developing the talent within and teaching your team wine appreciation it not only empowers them by increasing their product knowledge but it will create a sense of confidence, understanding and knowledge around this complex hugely interesting world.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
* Understand in general terms the main styles of wine available
* Have a basic understanding of the factors that determine these styles
* Understand in general terms the characteristics of the principal grape varieties
* Know the procedures for the storage and preparation of wine for service
* Know the procedures for the bar and table service of wine
* Display an understanding of the social responsibility of the serving of wine
* Have basic food and wine matching understanding and be able to give advice based on your menu.
Killashee House Hotel , Kilcullen Road, Nass, Co Kildare, ,